The reason I chose to be an artist is that I love storytelling. I love seeing the finely crafted interpretations of imagination through the wonders that are artwork and illustration. The more skilled an artist, the more power they have to manifest their dreams, or the dreams of others, into a visible, shareable format.
Comics are my primary interest, so, naturally, storyboarding is something that comes along with that. Whilst the two can be very different, depending on what one's styles are, they have many transferable skills. A good artist must be prepared to open their mind to multiple styles and approaches, yet mustn't stray too far from a determined path, and sequential artwork is my primary interest.
I've worked on several commissions in the past, each with successful results including a 50-page graphic novella, various short comic strips, spot illustrations, cover art, album art for a local band, character designs/illustrations, landscapes and even tattoo designs.
- Wrote the story 'Meanwhile' in collaboration with artist Michelle Henderson (TenguArts.com) for the Cloudscape Comics anthology 'Life Finds a Way' - Due for publication in 2019/2020 (https://www.cloudscapecomics.com/life-finds-a-way/)
- Illustrated the 50-page comic in 'The Cold and Actual Sky' by David W Edwards (www.nightscapeseries.com) - Due for publication in late 2019
- Illustrated accompanying artwork for 'Forever the Star Finder' from 'Nightscape Double Feature No. 2' by David W Edwards (www.nightscapeseries.com) - Published in 2018 Imperiad Entertainment
- Illustrated the comic 'The Endless Drop' in collaboration with Minna H (https://www.instagram.com/nearly_contained_chaos) featured in 'Pulp Literature Issue 22' - Published March 2019 (http://pulpliterature.com/)
- Wrote and illustrated the comic 'Why?' which was featured in 'Sequential Canadian Independent Comic Book Magazine - Vol 01' - Published in Jan 2019 CanComicsWiki (https://gumroad.com/cancomicswiki) (http://canadiancomicbooks.wikia.com)
- Illustrated various product artworks for Military History Visualized (https://teespring.com/stores/military-history-visualized) (http://militaryhistoryvisualized.com)
- Illustration 'Waking City' featured first in the accompanying catalogue for the 'Drawing Connections' exhibition held by the Siena Art Institute - Published 2011 Siena Art Institute (https://www.sienaart.org/)